Hi/Salaam
my lovelies!. Today I have decided to share my best high foundations in my
opinion. I really hope it helps and give you an idea of what to go for or
expect when you buy the mentioned products. I have tried my best to include
everything about each product, but if any of you followers have a any questions
just comment below or send me an email, on that note this is based on my
experience now obviously everyone is different and just in case you're
wondering my skin type fall into the dry/combination am also acne prone and
quite sensitive haha! I guess my skin is a bit lost at the moment (still
searching for its real family)
Make
up for ever HD –
This
foundation is a must have for all makeup artists/addicts (such as myself). It
provides a medium coverage to the skin so if you need that full coverage just
apply concealer to your problematic areas and you are good to go. It creates a
soft focus effect that softens the skin and blurs imperfections giving you an
absolute flawless skin which look beautiful in photograph and pictures. It’s
perfect to use on brides and for photo shoots. I personally love it and it is
one of my all-time favourites, I personally think spending money on high
quality foundations is not a waste because it goes on your face and the main
reason why we wear foundation in the first place is to look better not worse so
spending few extra pounds is totally worth it plus expensive foundations
usually last longer (well with me anyways) a little goes a long way which is a
bonus!!. BUT not in all case be sure to do your research and read as many
reviews as you can and when you finally decide to buy ask for a sample first,
and see what works for you.
Coverage-
medium coverage
Finish-
satin finish
Price-
£30.95
Where
you can purchase - Selfridges
Mac
face and body
I
have wanted to get this foundation for so long especially when my face decided
to go all hard rock on me during winter. This foundation is water base
foundation which provided low-to-medium coverage and a flawless finish. Now
with this foundation I would say is more suited for those with dry skin because
its water base and its more kind to the skin than foundations with thick
consistency as they can hold to dry areas making them stand out even more and
we don’t want that. This foundation also good looks good in photography as it
contains no SPF and can be worn all over the body. I apply it with a beauty
blender or a real technique foundation brush, absolutely a great foundation for
the price. However, if you have a problematic skin and need more coverage I
wouldn't recommend this foundation because it doesn't provide high coverage and
doesn't last very long, great alternative would be Illamasqua rich foundation
it is an amazing foundation with a very high coverage, it covers everything and
I mean everything ; tattoos, birth marks, acne scarring and so on.
Coverage-
low to medium
Finish-
dewy
Price-
£21.50
Where
to buy- Selfridges
Estée
lauder Double wear-
This
foundation is known for its lasting power and it is one of the best-selling
foundations in the market. The shades are broken down into three categories’
Cool, ‘Neutrals’ and ‘Warm’, which makes it easier to find your ideal shade. I
believe there are 30 shades available to choose from which is amazing, you
can’t go wrong but be sure to test and ask for a sample before you buy just in
case, I mean you don’t want to waste £28 pound on the wrong shade now do you?
When applying the foundation you need to apply and blend it in very quickly
because once it’s on it’s on for the day and doesn’t fade or wear out like most
foundations do. Cool stuff right? In my opinion this foundation is absolutely
great especially if you’re out all day (Most of us are) and need your face
flawless without touching up every other hour.
Coverage-
Full coverage
Finish
– Matt finish
Price-
£28
Where
to purchase- Boots, Debenhams, House of Fraser, Selfridges
Illamasqua
skin base foundation
Another
favourite of mine: D this is another great foundation in the market. I
personally think it's more suited for people with oil/ combination skin types,
it goes on like a dream and covers all blemishes giving you a flawless finish
but, if you have a dry skin you might not like this as it can look a bit too
obvious unless you moisturize your face really well, but for me personally I
still think it dries out during the day and just doesn't look great on dry
skin. On the good side though, a little goes a long way with this foundation
don't let the size of the bottle tell you otherwise. It's also great to mix
with other foundations depending on the coverage you want and has a pretty good
staying power.
Illamasqua's
description of the item ''Easily blendable, it effortlessly creates a perfect
complexion, and like the entire Illamasqua foundation range, is undetectable in
a professional HD environment. Suitable for all skin types, it smoothies,
softens and conditions your skin whilst providing natural, buildable
coverage''.
Coverage-
medium, build able
Finish
- Dewy /satin finish
Price-£
32
Where
to purchase- Selfridges
Other
alternatives,
RRevlon
colour stay
Max
factor
L’Oréal
true match
Until
next time lovelies. TC
x A x
0 comments:
Post a Comment